Monday 10 August 2009

A diversion.....

Isn't it strange that even when in the deepest of sorrow and despair over something like a break-up or death we ,as human beings can always be snapped out of it...even for a few moments over someone elses misfortune?....

There i was wallowing in my own misery and looking at holiday snaps of us together...tears pouring down my face.....when.....a loud smashing noise was heard from outside and car alarms blaring!
After rushing to the window to see what was happening it became apparent that the local "hooded hooligans" were on the rampage. Quite happily smashing someones car windows in with a bat! Of course they saw me and others and ran. I think that they had a bit of a grudge against the poor person whos car they trashed. I hope they are insured because every single window was broken!
Anyway this brings me back to my original point.......for those few moments I had completely forgot about my own sorrowful being. I didnt get any joy or enjoyment from what I saw and I feel so sorry for the family whos car it is but............for those few moments I forgot.....and selfish as it may sound I am glad of that diversion.

By the way the picture at the top is another of Joshua's snazzy arty pics.....I think that boy has some talent!

Hoping all my new found friends stay safe.
x


2 comments:

  1. Such an interesting and philosphical post - you show great empathy with the feelings of others Deb, whilst feeling so sad yourself. That is a very great quality indeed. Upwards and onwards from now on! Look forward to seeing more of Josh's arty pics!
    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Debbie,
    Great picture indeed and couldn't be more appropriate! Some humans are just too stupids too be called humans specially when acts like the one you described are made just for fun.
    I can see you're still in pain. When i'm like that i always remind a sentence i read a time ago that said: feeling sad is almost always to feel sorrow for yourself.
    Hope you get over it and learn to love yourself 1st. Take care,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete